Tuck into a private dinner aboard the famous Royal Research Ship Discovery and enjoy your own VIP tour, drinks reception and three-course meal at the Captain’s Table.
You’ll discover the story behind this iconic ship and its fascinating first expedition to Antarctica in 1901, plus you’ll live like a captain for the day, dining at the very table where Scott and his crew planned their voyage into the unknown!
This deal is brought to you by…
RRS Discovery is an iconic part of Dundee’s history and one of the first things you see when arriving in Scotland's sunniest city. This is a truly unique opportunity to dine on one of Britain’s most famous ships and experience a little bit of its wonderful history!
If there's anything you'd like to know before you book, ask us a question and we'll do our best to help. Ask us a question
- Suitable for ages 5 and over
- Menu is subject to change
- Members are required to select a set menu for all guests to eat the same 1/1/1 menu; please discuss directly with venue
- Vegetarian, gluten / wheat free options are available
- Alcohol must be organised with the venue on the day of booking as the boat has limited storage; please discuss directly with the venue
- Please discuss menu cards/ place names and floral decorations directly with venue
- Decorations, including balloons, are welcome (within reason!)
- You’re welcome to bring a celebration cake
- Sorry, not wheelchair accessible
You can get a full refund up to 14 days before your event
- Discovery Dundee
- Discovery Point, Discovery Quay,
- Tel: 01382309060
RRS Discovery was the last traditional wooden three-masted ship to be built in Britain. Designed for Antarctic research, it was launched as a Royal Research Ship (RRS) in 1901. Its first mission was the British National Antarctic Expedition, carrying Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton on their first, successful journey to the Antarctic, known as the Discovery Expedition. Now the centrepiece of a visitor attraction in Dundee, the ship has welcomed generations of tourists and locals alike looking to discover more.