5* Black Watch Castle & Museum private dining
Balhousie Castle, Hay Street, Perth, PH1 5HR
- usually £1,008.00
- save 50%
- deals sold
Share with friends
Private dining for eight at the multi award-winning Black Watch Castle & Museum, Perth; enjoy arrival drinks & canapés plus a private tour of The Black Watch Museum before a delicious 4 course dinner with sparkling wine – save up to 50%
- Private dining experience for eight
- Enjoy drinks and canapés on arrival, plus an exclusive private tour of the The Black Watch Museum before a four-course dinner with sparkling wine
- Dinner takes place in The Wavell Room, named in memory of Field Marshal Sir Archibald Wavell; The Black Watch’s highest ranking officer
- The Black Watch Castle and Museum holds a 5* rating from Visit Scotland and was awarded Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Business of the Year 2018 at the Courier Business Awards
- Rated 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor and loved by itisoners
- Valid 7 days
Night at the Museum
If you’ve always wondered what it’d be like to stay in a museum after hours, then you’re in luck – with today’s deal, you and seven of your closest companions will enjoy an exclusive private dining experience at the multi award-winning 5* Black Watch Museum set within the stunning Balhousie Castle in Perth.
You and your party will be welcomed to the home of The Black Watch and accompanied to the First World War Gallery for arrival drinks and canapés to help set the tone for the evening. Once you’re suitably fed, you’ll be given an exclusive private tour of the museum itself, with an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide on hand to answer any questions you may have. And once you’ve built your appetite back up again, you’ll be guided to the The Wavell Room for a four-course dinner. Named in memory of The Black Watch’s highest ranking officer, Field Marshal Sir Archibald Wavell, the room combines immersive history with a modern twist making it a distinctive space for a fantastic gathering.
With exclusive access to Balhousie Castle, this truly unforgettable experience is ideal for special occasions including birthdays, celebrations or even just a unique catch-up between friends!
Set within the historic Balhousie Castle which dates back to the 12th century, The Black Watch Castle and Museum is a 5* visitor attraction. Located in the pretty city of Perth, it boasts a cabinet bursting with awards, including Best Regional Heritage Tourism Experience 2017 from the Scottish Thistle Awards and most recently, Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality business of the Year 2018 from Courier Business Awards.
Packed with uniforms, paintings, medals, photographs, interactive displays and personal stories, a visit to the ancestral Home of The Black Watch will bring the history of Scotland's oldest Highland Regiment vibrantly to life. The Castle Gift Shop is very popular, with a range of quality gifts, regimental memorabilia and branded products.
- Cullen skink served with sourdough bread
- Roast beetroot salad with fig, Scottish feta and orange dressing
- Beef cheek braised in Ossian ale served with Ayrshire bacon, fondant potato and Autumn vegetables
- Butternut squash and leek risotto with crispy kale and toasted pumpkin seeds
- Honey, whisky and lemon posset with stem ginger shortbread
- Scottish cheese plate served with fruit, chutney and oatcakes
Followed by coffee and petite fours
4.5/5 TripAdvisor rating
“A group of us that meet together occasionally had a private dinner in the castle; what a tremendous evening! We started with sparkling wine and canapés, then enjoyed a tour of the museum by the Archivist. Afterwards, we were seated at a beautifully laid table for an excellent dinner– get together a party of friends and do it!”
“I am a military museum buff and I have to say that this is one of the best I have visited. The extra dynamic is the passion and professionalism of the people who work there; we were very fortunate to have Jim take us round for a guided tour. His knowledge and enthusiasm for his subject was infectious; he made a great day out fantastic! I can thoroughly recommend this.”
“We are regulars here; we love the place, the food, the people, the museum and shop. There is always a great welcome from friendly staff and the food is great; wholesome with a definite Scottish twist.”