4* The Wheatsheaf stay, Borders
Swinton, Scottish Borders, TD11 3JJ
- usually £146.00
- save 53%
- deals sold
Share with friends
£69 instead of £146 for an overnight stay for two with breakfast and a glass of Prosecco, £99 to include dinner and a bottle of Prosecco or £159 for 2 nights at 4* award-winning Wheatsheaf Hotel and Restaurant, Swinton – save up to 53%
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast and a glass of Prosecco each
- Option to include a two-course dinner and a bottle of Prosecco to share
- Or stay a second night with dinner on the first evening
- Rated 4* by VisitScotland and featured in the Michelin Guide 2015
- Gorgeous countryside location in the Scottish Borders
- Valid 7 days
With today’s deal, you and a loved one will escape to the countryside with a one or two-night stay at the Wheatsheaf Hotel and Restaurant.
With each light, airy room tastefully decorated to a high standard, you’re guaranteed to find everything you need for an excellent stay, from a glass of Prosecco in your room on arrival, to Arran Aromatic toiletries and luxurious deep-pile bath towels. Take in the lovely furnishings before heading out to explore the many activities that the Borders has to offer, such as great cycling routes and stunning walks to see historical buildings such as Duns Castle and Abbotsford House, the home of Walter Scott.
After exploring, you can opt to enjoy a delicious two-course dinner in the Michelin-recommended restaurant, before retiring to your cosy abode for a snug snooze. The next morning you’ll also be treated to a full Scottish breakfast, setting you up perfectly for the day ahead.
- Chicken liver parfait with apple & vanilla jam and toasted bread
- Glazed goat’s cheese with roast pear, red chicory & walnut salad
- Scottish smoked salmon with crayfish tian, rocket & fig salad and sundried tomato dressing
- Oven roasted chicken breast with haggis, creamed potatoes, baby vegetables and whisky jus
- Roast venison with root vegetable gratin, Lyonnaise potatoes, red cabbage purée and juniper & Madeira sauce
- Wild mushroom, kalonji & feta cheese pie with smoked celeriac purée and watercress
- Traditional apple pie with caramel ice cream and an apple fritter
- Warm pecan tart with crème fraîche sorbet
- Twice baked chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
Nestled in the picturesque village of Swinton, The Wheatsheaf is home to a beautiful private beer garden, a popular bar and excellent restaurant; it’s no wonder it was mentioned in the 2015 Michelin Guide and was awarded 4* by the Scottish Tourist Board. Just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh and less than two hours from Glasgow, it’s the perfect destination for a romantic night away.
Loved by itisoners
“Thoroughly enjoyed our short break to The Wheatsheaf. The room was very comfortable and the staff very friendly and professional, with excellent meals in the restaurant which were good value.”
“We had a wonderful experience and it was more than what we expected. There is nothing I could suggest to improve the place as it was perfect. The room was perfectly equipped and it was dog friendly which was great for my wee dog. Would love to return in the summer as they have lovely gardens.”
“Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Amazing food and great service. Staff so friendly and helpful.”