Comlongon Castle stay
Clarencefield, Dumfries, DG1 4NA
- usually £189.00
- save 60%
- deals sold
Share with friends
From £89 instead of up to £425 for a 1 or 2 night stay for two with breakfast and optional 2 course dinner or £209 instead of up to £371 for 1 night in the Honeymoon Lodge with dinner one night at Comlongon Castle - save up to 60%
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast and optional two-course dinner
- Or stay two nights with two-course dinner included on the first evening
- Upgrade to an overnight stay in the Honeymoon Lodge with two-course dinner and bottle of Prosecco on arrival
- Stunning 15th century castle set in 120 acres of gorgeous grounds
- Just 20 minutes from Carlisle and less than 2 hours from Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Rated 4.5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor
- Valid 7 days
With today’s deal you and a lucky loved one can escape for a fairytale getaway at Comlongon Castle. Staying in one of the hotel’s fifteen individually designed rooms, you’ll be surrounded by lavish luxuries including a grand four-poster bed and stunning en suite bathroom. After a day exploring the medieval grounds you’ll also have the option to enjoy a delicious two-course dinner and after a cosy night’s sleep, you’ll awake the next morning to a full Scottish breakfast – delicious! If one night isn’t enough, then opt to stay for two, with dinner included on the first evening.
If you’re feeling super indulgent, you can also choose to upgrade to an overnight stay in the luxurious Honeymoon Lodge, with a bottle of Prosecco included to kick off your stay with style.
- Wood pigeon breast with wild berry compote
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese served on an English muffin
- Creamy garlic mushrooms served on brown toast with a salad garnish
- Chicken breast stuffed with award-winning haggis, wrapped in bacon and served with potatoes, seasonal vegetables and an Irn-Bru jus
- Poached salmon fillet with potatoes, seasonal vegetables and a creamy white wine and peppercorn sauce
- Mushroom stroganoff served with boiled rice
15th century castle
One of the few remaining examples in Scotland, Comlongon Castle is a glorious 15th century medieval masterpiece that has been fully restored to its original splendour. Steeped in history, the now hotel pays tribute to its roots with fascinating historical displays including suits of armour and historic banners on show, as well as grand furnishings and opulent décor. Set within 120 acres of manicured gardens, sweeping lawns, lakes and woodlands, the venue is every bit the fairytale castle it promises to be!
Situated just a short 20 minute drive from Carlisle and within 2 hours reach from Edinburgh and Glasgow, Comlongon Castle is perfectly placed for a romantic getaway with your other half. If you fancy sampling the local menu, the hotel boasts two award-winning restaurants as well as a private resident’s bar, meaning you’ll have everything you need for the perfect escape right at your fingertips.
Loved by TripAdvisor
“Super location, hotel and room were first class, and the food was excellent. The castle was amazing, will stay again. We had a four-poster bed, just couldn’t fault it! Ideal location for weddings with superb gardens too.”
“We had a lovely stay at Comlongon Castle. We had a large family room which was very clean and we enjoyed an evening meal and breakfast. It was great value for money and the staff were helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful and we all enjoyed a three-mile walk with the dogs. We look forward to visiting again.”
“I recently attended a wedding at the castle and cannot begin to describe how good it was! Every aspect of the day was fantastic. The staff were brilliant, the food was fantastic and the venue was stunning.”