- deals sold
Share with friends
£139 for an overnight stay for two with a 2-course dinner and a bottle of wine on arrival at Hotel du Vin, Newcastle
- Overnight stay for two with a two-course dinner each
- Enjoy a bottle of wine in your room on arrival!
- Fabulous French restaurant set within a former Edwardian maritime building in a great riverside location
- Head Chef Phil Hase was crowned Chef of the Year at the Best of the Best Awards 2017
- 9/10 rating from The Telegraph’s travel destination expert, Helen Pickles
- 4.5 star rating on TripAdvisor and loved by itisoners
Hotel du Vin Newcastle
With a fantastic location beside the River Tyne, Hotel du Vin Newcastle boasts beautiful boutique bedrooms, a lovely French bistro with riverside views, fantastic lounge areas, as well as a brilliant Bubble Bar for the tastiest tipples going. Formerly an Edwardian maritime building, the beautifully restored interior champions a tip and a wink to its past, with everything from ships’ ropes in the courtyard, to porthole windows in the showers. With friendly, helpful staff and a fantastic central location, it’s the perfect place for everything from a relaxing break in this vibrant city, to a quiet morning coffee as you plan your day sightseeing.
You and one very lucky companion will enjoy a luxury break to this impeccable hotel with today’s deal. You’ll discover a bottle of wine waiting in your room on arrival, before you make your way down to the Bistro du Vin for two mouth-watering courses of exquisite food, expertly prepared by Head Chef Phil Hase. Hase was crowned Chef of the Year at Hotel du Vin’s Best of the Best Awards 2017, which highlights exceptional talent across their 32 boutique hotels, so you know your dinner is in good hands!
- Cream of Jerusalem artichoke soup with roasted chestnuts and cep brioche
- Duck rillettes with grated carrot salad and served with a toasted sourdough baguette
- Crispy potato and salt cod croquettes served with a tangy red pepper and tomato sauce
- Succulent Normandy chicken braised in red wine with baby onions, mushrooms and pancetta
- Roasted hake served on a crispy crouton with an aromatic broth
- Pumpkin ravioli with sage-browned butter, served with vegetarian-style parmesan and a sprinkling of pecans
- Classic set custard served with a rum and raisin caramel
- Poached pears served with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Anster cheddar and Dundee cake; a crumbly Scottish cheese with a traditional fruit cake