- deals sold
Share with friends
£149 for an 8 course tasting menu & paired wines for two at newly-launched Mono, City Centre; top-rated fine dining from a Michelin-trained chef - perfect Xmas gift for foodies!
- 8 course tasting experience for two
- Includes paired wines with each course - save £120!
- Fine dining Italian restaurant just opened in May this year
- The perfect gift for any foodie
- Great city-centre location on South Bridge, just a few minutes’ walk from Princes Street and the Royal Mile
- Rated 5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Valid 7 days
You and a special someone can enjoy a deliciously indulgent fine dining experience at the recently-opened Mono with today’s deal. You’ll tuck into eight fantastic courses with a tasting menu designed to show off the chefs’ incredible skills, with each course paired with a wine that perfectly complements the dish. All fine dining with an Italian twist, you’ll be blown away by the inventive combinations of ingredients that aim to deliver a multi-sensory experience – something you’ll never forget!
Launched in May this year, Mono provides Italian food with a progressive approach. Using fresh, quality ingredients and honest Italian cooking with a modern flair, they have a research lab to help them develop the most innovative dishes available. The lab is led by Chef Zielinski, who worked in Michelin starred kitchens in Rome and Milan, alongside Italian foodie Joseph Crolla, of Crolla’s Italian Kitchen in Musselburgh. Along with their fantastic team, they provide some of the finest fare in Edinburgh that’s loved by food bloggers like Tartan Spoon, Foodinburgh and the Fine Dining Guide.
- Brown crab with autumn truffle, apple, kohlrabi and black tea
- Roasted partridge with brambles, girolles, corn, lardo and vermouth sauce
- Hazelnut pasta with red currant, leek and fontina cheese
- North Sea cod with baccala, mussels, gnocchi romana and pak choy
- Borders lamb saddle with sweetbreads, Jerusalem artichoke, gorgonzola, hazelnut and capers
- Aged parmesan with buckwheat, apple, tarragon and celery
- Olive oil cake with figs, lemon, honey and sour cream
- Plum tart with ricotta, chocolate, pine nuts and Laphroaig whisky
“All 8 courses were thoroughly enjoyable with a wonderful combination of flavours. This restaurant is relatively new, but already it can give the top establishments in Edinburgh a run for their money when it comes to food quality and presentation.”
“Ate here with 3 friends and had a lovely dinner with fantastic service. All dishes were delicious, especially the parmesan dessert - wonderfully imaginative and will change how most people perceive this kind of cheese. Service from Alessio, Roberto and Kamil was brilliant and couldn’t fault it. Great knowledge of all the dishes and they were happy to make off menu cocktails.”
“Outstanding experience. Great setting, service, wines & food all impeccable. These chefs have a great palate & really know their stuff. Currently one of the best dining experiences to be had anywhere in Scotland at the moment.”