National Mining Museum afternoon tea
National Mining Museum, Lady Victoria Colliery, Newtongrange, Midlothian, EH22 4QN
- usually £46.00
- save 68%
- deals sold
Share with friends
£15 instead of £46 for afternoon tea for two or £19 instead of £60 to add a glass of Champagne each at the new Coal Cafe within 5* visitor attraction National Mining Museum - save up to 68%
- Afternoon tea for two
- Option to add a glass of Champagne each
- Child friendly with an outdoor play area and colouring books available
- Situated within 5* Visit Scotland-rated attraction the National Mining Museum
- 8 miles from Edinburgh City Centre
- Museum is a great day out for all ages (tickets aren't included, but can be purchased on the day)
Afternoon tea isn't just for fancy hotels, you know – the Coal Cafe at the National Mining Museum will satisfy your hunger just as well! Take the family to the museum for a fun day out, then treat yourself and a loved one to a delicious afternoon tea while the kids play in the outdoor area. You'll enjoy a selection of sweet and savoury finger food, plus a glass of Champagne each too if you want to go all out – and why wouldn't you?
National Mining Museum
The National Mining Museum is rated 5* by Visit Scotland and is a great day out for all ages. It's based at one of the finest surviving examples of a Victorian colliery in Europe - the Lady Victoria Colliery at Newtongrange - just 8 miles south of Edinburgh.
The museum is huge, and visitors will marvel at the engineering brilliance behind all the machinery. Take the family along and retrace the footsteps and struggles of the thousands of miners and their families before them who worked on the site. It's a fascinating and informative day out, perfect for the summer holidays.
- Cucumber & cream cheese
- Egg mayonnaise with cress
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese
- Coronation chicken
- Ham & mustard
- Warm scones with clotted cream and preserves
- A variety of homemade cakes and pastries including mini éclairs, cheesecakes, chocolate tarts etc.
- Selection of freshly brewed coffee and loose-leaf teas
Great reviews on TripAdvisor
"The restaurant was amazing. Friendly, helpful staff and the food was great. They catered for our dairy allergies. It was so good for lunch yesterday we went back this morning for the breakfast. Fantastic and great value."
"Cafe all good with some outdoor tables which was welcome to soak up the sunny weather."