Nithsdale Hotel stay, Dumfries & Galloway
1 High Street, Sanquhar, DG4 6DJ
- usually £90.00
- save 58%
- deals sold
Share with friends
Overnight stay for two with breakfast and late check-out or upgrade to two nights with dinner on the first evening at the Nithsdale Hotel, Sanquhar; unwind in the D&G countryside & visit the world's oldest post office - save up to 58%
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast and late check-out
- Or upgrade to two nights with a £20pp dinner allowance on the first evening of your stay
- Located in the Royal Burgh of Sanquhar in the tranquil surroundings of the Nith Valley in Dumfries and Galloway
- Sanquhar boasts the oldest existing post office in the world as well as fantastic fishing spots, lovely walks and lots more
- 4/5 TripAdvisor rating
- Valid 7 days
Catch a breath of fresh air with today’s great deal for an escape to the tranquil countryside of Sanquhar.
Staying at the Nithsdale Hotel, you and a loved one will enjoy a relaxing overnight stay. There’s no need to rush off in the morning – with late check-out, you can enjoy an extra hour (or two) tucked under your duvet before making your way downstairs for a hearty breakfast.
And if you really want a break from the city life, opt to stay for two nights with a generous £20pp dinner allowance to spend on the first evening of your stay. With fantastic locally-sourced produce on offer, you can guarantee your taste buds will be doing a happy dance!
Situated in the Royal Burgh, the peaceful town of Sanquhar boasts a selection of great tourist attractions, including the world’s oldest existing post office and its own 9-hole golf course. Fishing enthusiasts can rejoice with excellent trout and salmon fishing spots on the River Nith and the town is also a popular stop for cyclists travelling from Land’s End to John O’Groats. If you’re looking for lovely walks you’re in luck, with plenty of pretty paths to cover, including part of the Southern Upland Way walk. Whatever you’re looking to do during your break, you can find it in this peaceful haven of Dumfries and Galloway.
Sample two-course menu
- Mushrooms served in a creamy white wine sauce with garlic and Stilton crumb
- Black pudding and haggis served with Nith Valley egg and fruit chutney
- Classic prawn cocktail served with buttered brown bread
- Beef braised in red wine and served with silver skin onions, bacon, mustard mash and vegetables
- Sanquhar Ale-battered fish served with chips, garden peas and tartar sauce
- Lasagne served with garlic-buttered ciabatta bread and salad
4/5 TripAdvisor rating
“Our night’s stay was fantastic – we were even able to bring our dog along! The standard of our dinner and breakfast was superb and the staff were just wonderful. Excellent value for money - so relaxing.”
“We had a weekend stay here and I was really impressed with the hotel. The room, food and service were all great; if I return to the region, I would definitely stay here again.”
“This was our first time visiting Scotland and the Nithsdale Hotel really made our trip! Our room was clean, comfortable and boasted a nice view of the village. The staff are accommodating and helpful and we loved that this hotel is dog-friendly. The food was excellent - something you'd expect to find in a 5* restaurant! I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for making our little trip a pleasant one.”