Shieldhill Castle DBB
Shieldhill Road, Quothquan, Biggar, ML12 6NA
- usually £162.00
- save up to 57%
- deals sold
Share with friends
From £79 instead of up to £242 for an overnight stay for two with a 2 course dinner, breakfast and Prosecco plus option to upgrade to a suite or £109 instead of £251 to stay for 2 nights at the award-winning Shieldhill Castle Hotel – save up to 57%
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast and two-course dinner or stay for two nights with dinner included on the first evening
- Option to upgrade to a suite for a one-night stay
- Enjoy a bottle of Prosecco in your room on arrival!
- The multi-award winning Shieldhill Castle Hotel won Romantic Hotel of the Year at the 2015 Scottish Hotel Awards and scooped Regional Scottish Venue of the Year for the South West at the 2016 Scottish Wedding Awards
- Nelson Mandela was one of its previous guests and a tree planted by Mandela himself still stands in the gorgeous gardens
- 4 star rating on TripAdvisor alongside a Certificate of Excellence
With today’s deal, you and a loved one will enjoy a one or two-night stay at the stunning multi award-winning Shieldhill Castle Hotel. You’ll be treated to a two-course dinner in the hotel’s restaurant on the first evening of your stay, as well as a bottle of fizz in your room on arrival. Fab!
Nestled in the Borders countryside, Shieldhill is a historic castle dating back to 1199. Close to the quaint towns of Biggar and Peebles which are full of local independent stores, cute coffee shops and scenic walks, Shieldhill is set amongst its own private and beautifully maintained grounds. You’ll even be able to see a tree that Nelson Mandela planted in the gardens during his stay in 2007, which has been honoured with a commemorative plaque.
With stunning interiors, an outstanding restaurant and bar and an award-winning wine list, it’s no surprise that Shieldhill Castle was named 2016’s Regional Scottish Wedding Venue of the Year, as well as Romantic Hotel of the Year at the Scottish hotel Awards in 2015.
- Cullen skink
- Crispy haggis parcels served with mashed turnip and a whisky sauce
- Toasted bruschetta with tomato, red onion, basil, melted brie and balsamic glaze
- Warm Cajun chicken salad served with sweet peppers and honey soy dressing
- Roasted fillet of salmon served with spicy cauliflower, coriander, orange and crushed potatoes
- Penne pasta with roasted goats’ cheese and wilted spinach
- Breaded chicken escalopes with creamy wild mushroom pasta
- Baileys mousse in a brandy snap basket with chocolate sauce
- Strawberry and vanilla cheesecake
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream
Loved on TripAdvisor
"This hotel is a wee gem. The staff are very friendly and welcoming; they can't do enough to help you. The food was lovely. The décor is really old-fashioned; it felt like being in an episode of Downton Abbey! I can't recommend this hotel highly enough – we will definitely be staying again."
"Shieldhill Castle is amazing. Its condition is fantastic for its age and I really appreciated all the original features and comforts. The food was great and the staff were lovely - I will be going back soon."
"We have stayed at this hotel four or five times and it has always been a lovely experience. The hotel is an ancient castle but is warm, comfortable and atmospheric. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a style befitting the surroundings. The food is excellent and the staff welcoming and helpful. We love it here and will be back again."
Questions about today's deal
- Shieldhill Castle Hotel
- Shieldhill Road, Quothquan, Biggar,
Nestled in the Borders countryside, Shieldhill is a historic castle dating back to 1199. Close to the quaint towns of Biggar and Peebles which are full of local independent stores, cute coffee shops and scenic walks, Shieldhill is set amongst its own private and beautifully maintained grounds and even has its own picturesque pond. With stunning interiors, an outstanding restaurant and bar and an award-winning wine list, it’s no surprise Shieldhill Castle was named regional Scottish Wedding Venue of the Year 2016 and winner of Romantic Hotel of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2015.