4* The Wheatsheaf stay, Borders - valid 7 days
Swinton, Scottish Borders, TD11 3JJ
- usually £151.00
- save 54%
- deals sold
Share with friends
1 or 2 night stay for two with breakfast, Prosecco and optional dinner at the 4* Wheatsheaf Hotel and Restaurant, Borders; valid 7 days - save up to 54%
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast and a glass of Prosecco each
- Option to include a two-course dinner and a bottle of Prosecco to share
- Or stay a second night with dinner on the first evening
- Rated 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Gorgeous countryside location in the Scottish Borders
With today’s deal, you and a loved one will escape to the countryside with a one or two-night stay at the Wheatsheaf Hotel and Restaurant.
With each light, airy room tastefully decorated to a high standard, you’re guaranteed to find everything you need for an excellent stay, from a glass of Prosecco in your room on arrival, to Arran Aromatic toiletries and luxurious deep-pile bath towels. Take in the lovely furnishings before heading out to explore the many activities that the Borders has to offer, such as great cycling routes and stunning walks to see historical buildings such as Duns Castle and Abbotsford House, the home of Walter Scott.
After exploring, you can opt to enjoy a delicious two-course dinner in the Michelin-recommended restaurant, before retiring to your cosy abode for a snug snooze. The next morning you’ll also be treated to a full Scottish breakfast, setting you up perfectly for the day ahead.
- Chicken liver parfait with apple & vanilla jam and toasted bread
- Glazed goat’s cheese with roast pear, red chicory & walnut salad
- Scottish smoked salmon with crayfish tian, rocket & fig salad and sundried tomato dressing
- Oven roasted chicken breast with haggis, creamed potatoes, baby vegetables and whisky jus
- Roast venison with root vegetable gratin, Lyonnaise potatoes, red cabbage purée and juniper & Madeira sauce
- Wild mushroom, kalonji & feta cheese pie with smoked celeriac purée and watercress
- Traditional apple pie with caramel ice cream and an apple fritter
- Warm pecan tart with crème fraîche sorbet
- Twice baked chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
Nestled in the picturesque village of Swinton, The Wheatsheaf is home to a beautiful private beer garden, a popular bar and excellent restaurant; it’s no wonder it was awarded 4* by the Scottish Tourist Board. Just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh and less than two hours from Glasgow, it’s the perfect destination for a romantic night away.
Fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor
"The staff were welcoming, friendly and eager to please. The hotel is superbly clean and decorated to a high standard. We found the menu to be extensive and with a wide variety of wines to choose from, we were spoilt for choice. We would recommend this hotel for a quiet, relaxing break from the real world and look forward to escaping to this haven again soon."
"The meals were tasty with good-sized portions and a varied menu. The bar area is warm and pleasant and the main dining room is bright and modern. The service was excellent and we'll be back"
"8 of us have just had a fantastic dinner bed and breakfast stay at The Wheatsheaf. All the staff were friendly, keen to help and very accommodating. Food was all delicious and the rooms comfortable."