- usually £338.00
- save up to 54%
- deals sold
Share with friends
2 or 3-night stay for two with breakfast and an optional 3 course dinner on the first evening at Ackergill Tower, Wick; stunning 15th century castle on the legendary NC500 route - save up to 54%
- Two or three-night stay for two in a deluxe room with breakfast each morning
- Option to include a three-course dinner on the first evening of your stay
- Stunning 15th century castle with extensive grounds
- Perfect pit-stop for drivers on the legendary North Coast 500 road route; stop and soak in the breathtaking coastline views
- The hotel’s past guestbook boasts the likes of Hollywood A List stars like Michael Douglas and Jack Nicholson
- 4/5 TripAdvisor rating
- Valid 7 days
Warm up this winter with a welcoming luxury break to the gorgeous Ackergill Tower in Wick. With today’s deal, you and a loved one will enjoy a fabulous two-night stay tucked away in a deluxe room within this historic 15th century castle. Retaining its beautiful traditional décor, you’ll still find all the modern conveniences your heart desires such as an en-suite bathroom, free WiFi, flat-screen TV plus tea and coffee-making facilities.
Once you’ve settled in and soaked up some of the staggering coastal views, you can enjoy explore the beautiful surrounding area; take a walk around the landscaped grounds or stroll along the stunning 7-mile long beach. If you’re lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights from this enchanting location!
And if you happen to be taking a trip across the rugged shoreline on the legendary North Coast 500 road trip, Ackergill makes the perfect pit-stop. Making a name for itself over the past few years as Scotland’s answer to America’s famous Route 66, the NC500 boasts some of the country’s most spectacular coastal views. Slow the experience down and savour every inch of the 500-mile trip with a couple of nights off at Ackergill Tower – the road will still be waiting for you when you’re done!
As well as a hearty breakfast each morning, you’ll also have the option to enjoy a mouth-watering three-course gourmet dinner on the first night of your stay. Dining in the wood-panelled Great Hall of Ackergill Tower, food lovers will rejoice as they tuck into spectacular starters, marvellous mains and decadent desserts expertly prepared by the team of talented chefs. And if you’re really lucky, you just might be piped to your table in the Great Hall by the hotel’s very own Highland pipe band. Talk about a warm welcome!
Sample three-course menu
- Duo of smoked trout and salmon served with pickled vegetables, dill and crème fraîche dressing
- Smoked venison with celeriac remoulade, Gala apple, shaved hazelnut and hazelnut dressing
- Green pea risotto
- Rump steak served with creamed mashed potato, seasonal vegetables and a red wine jus
- Pan-seared halibut served with confit potatoes, sea vegetables, green beans and curry foam
- Seasonal baby vegetable hot pot
- Chocolate torte with Chantilly cream and cookie crumb
- Lemon parfait with raspberry coulis and Scottish berries
- Selection of Scottish cheeses served with oatcakes and chutney
4/5 TripAdvisor rating
“What an absolutely amazing place Ackergill Tower is. From the moment you step inside your met with luxury, warmth and wonderful history. The bedrooms are tastefully decorated and the meals were sumptuous and elegantly presented. All the staff were friendly and welcomed you with a smile. It was a wonderful experience - one that should be experienced by all.”
“The castle was atmospheric, warm and cosy with log fires, comfortable beds and furniture and traditional décor. The staff were wonderful - absolute 5 star service. The food was extremely good and served with a good range of wines. We will definitely be re-visiting. Thank you to all at Ackergill for making our stay perfect.”
“I had an amazing stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was beautiful. The rich history of the castle and its surrounding grounds made our stay all the more special. I will definitely return.“