Award-winning A’Challtainn dining, Barras
The Barras Art and Design Centre, 54 Calton Entry, G40 2SB
- usually £65.00
- save 55%
- deals sold
Share with friends
2 courses for two with a glass of Prosecco each or upgrade to 4 courses with a bottle of wine to share at multi award-winning A’Challtainn Fish Restaurant and Bar; winner of The List’s Newcomer Award for 2017/18 – save up to 55%
- Two courses for two with a glass of Prosecco each
- Or upgrade to four courses for two plus a bottle of wine to share
- Barras Art and Design Centre boasts a restaurant, bar and beer garden
- Winner of The List’s Newcomer Award 2017/18 and The List’s ‘Hit List’ 2018/2019
- Finalist for Most Stylish Restaurant at the 2018 Scottish Style Awards
- Rave reviews from The Herald’s food critics, Joanna Blythman and Ron McKenna
- Loved by itisoners
Located in the heart of the historic Barras market lies the Barras Art and Design centre (BAaD). Home to Glasgow's east end art quarter and a host of independent creative businesses, pop-up shops and galleries for many years, BAaD has re-opened following extensive renovation. Now boasting a gorgeous restaurant, internal heated courtyard, event space, bar, independent food venues and pop-up shops, Glasgow's newest food hub aims to stand on a level with the top European foodie hotspots.
The backdrop for today’s brilliant deal is A’Challtainn; a seafood-lover’s heaven set in the heart of BAad. Offering the finest in Scottish fish dishes, this restaurant boasts a number of awards, including the List’s Newcomer award for 2017/2018 as well as covetable place on their ‘Hit List’ for 2018/2019.
A taste of A’Challtainn
Today’s first option will see you and a lucky friend tuck into a mouth-watering two-course meal. Choose a starter and main each from the restaurant’s à la carte menu and wash things down with a sparkling glass of Prosecco.
Or if you’re feeling super indulgent, go for today’s second option and kick things off with an amuse-bouche before finishing up with an indulgent dessert, as well as a bottle of wine to share. Serving up the best Scottish produce, you don’t need to take our word for it that A’Challtainn is the place to be – loved by our itisoners and with rave reviews from renowned Glasgow restaurant critics Joanna Blythman and Ron McKenna, you know it’s bound to be brilliant.
- Cullen skin with smoked haddock, potatoes and leeks, served with homemade bread
- Smoked mackerel paté on cranberry and melba toast
- Grilled monkfish cheeks with chilli, coriander, charred cos and peanut sauce
- Shetland mussels with South Indian spices and a side of house bread
- A’Challtainn fish pie filled with cod, Scottish salmon, jumbo prawns, garden peas and carrots, topped with Maris Piper mash and Scottish cheddar
- French oyster hot pot with chanterelles, cavolo nero, lentils and thyme
- Raspberry panna cotta with oak brittle and Auchentoshan gel
- Drumloch cheese with charcoal crackers and quince gel
- A’Challtainn dark chocolate mousse served with fresh fruits, cherries and honeycomb
Loved by itisoners
“A quality selection of food and wine, very knowledgeable staff and super friendly… this is now my favourite Glasgow eatery. A hidden gem.”
“I can't fault the service or the food; everything was flawless. A very relaxed setting and I can't wait for my next visit.”
“Very good atmosphere. I can't think of anything that would have made our experience better.”
Questions about today's deal
- A'Challtainn Fish Restaurant and Bar
- The Barras Art and Design Centre, 54 Calton Entry,
BAaD has reopened following extensive renovation, with a gorgeous restaurant, internal heated courtyard, event space, bar, and pop up shops, and the jewel in the crown is A’Challtainn. Showcasing the freshest of Scottish produce in a contemporary environment, you won't find a cooler place to dine in the city.