Fully refurbed Cathedral House dining, Merchant City
28-32 Cathedral Square, G4 0XA
- usually £24.00
- save 58%
- deals sold
Share with friends
Mains for two or 2 courses with an optional glass of Cava at Cathedral House, City Centre; recently-opened after a full refurbishment and in an excellent location looking onto the cathedral just 5 minutes from the Merchant City - save up to 58%
- Main course each for two
- Or 2 courses with an optional glass of Cava each
- Recently-opened after a full refurbishment in November 2018
- Beautiful setting looking onto the cathedral, cathedral square & the Necropolis, just a 5 minute walk from the Merchant City
- Rated 5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Valid 7 days
Today’s deal is for a real hidden gem – dine at the Cathedral House with one or two delicious courses. Recently-opened after a full refurbishment in November 2018, The Green Room cafe bar serves up the best of Scottish fare right in the heart of Glasgow.
If you go for our two course option, you’ll also be able to sip on a sparkling glass of Cava each for an extra treat. Cheers!
Since being taken over by new owners, Cathedral House has been completely renovated and transformed into a fantastic family-run boutique inn that boasts delicious Scottish dishes.
It has a fantastic location overlooking the cathedral, cathedral square & the Necropolis, and is just a 5 minute walk from the Merchant City. Perfect for relaxing after a day of hitting the shops or exploring the city.
- Chicken liver parfait with onion chutney and toast or oatcakes
- Shetland mussels in a tomato and chilli sauce or steamed in Thistle Cross cider
- Cauliflower pakora with spiced onions, raita and coriander pesto
- McSweens haggis with clapshot, buttered greens and an Arran mustard and whisky sauce
- St Mungo’s battered fillet of haddock with hand cut chips, pea purée, tartar sauce and charred lemon
- Vegan shepherd’s pie with braised puy lentils, roast butternut squash, olive oil mash and seasonal greens
Top marks on TripAdvisor
“Visited the Green Room Cafe Bar at Cathedral House today. The staff were welcoming, enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about the menus. Food was delicious with a good variety of dishes on offer. We would highly recommend. It is a lovely venue with a great view and atmosphere. We will happily return!”
“We received a very warm welcome and our waiter was very helpful and accommodating. Food was fantastic, would highly recommend. Atmosphere was lovely and we had a beautiful view out into historic Glasgow. A must visit if you are in the area.”
“Popped into the Green Room Bar for lunch. Really nice and cosy and a lovely atmosphere. Burgers were amazing, great service and good value too. A real find and a great place for lunch if you're in Glasgow shopping or sightseeing. We will certainly be going back.”