Photography workshop at The Falkirk Wheel
Blueprint Room at Falkirk Wheel, Lime Road, Tamfourhill, Falkirk, FK1 4RS
- usually £100.00
- save up to 61%
- deals sold
Share with friends
£49 instead of £100 for a half day photography workshop or £79 instead of £200 for a full day at The Falkirk Wheel with Solas Photography Workshops – save up to 61%
- Half or full day photography workshop for one
- Learn from two of Scotland’s leading newspaper photographers, with over 40 years' of experience between them
- Perfect for beginners looking to learn the basics
- Classes are held in a purpose built teaching area where literally stepping outside provides a world of opportunities
- Great chance to snap one of Scotland’s most iconic landmarks
Learn the basics
Perfect for anyone who’s recently invested in a camera and wants to get a solid foundation in the art of photography, the experts at Solas Photography Workshops will talk through camera operations, exposure and composition in the morning class, and cover more advanced topics in the afternoon. With a maximum of 12 people in each class, you'll be able to learn in a friendly environment.
You’ll learn in a state-of-the-art, purpose-built centre with The Falkirk Wheel right outside, where you can put your newfound snapping skills to good use with a world of photographic opportunities to take advantage of.
Experienced photographers Jamie Simpson and Peter Sandground will guide you through techniques that they’ve picked over decades of working in the industry. Jamie is a staff photographer with The Herald group and has covered huge events such as the Commonwealth Games, the pope’s visit to Glasgow and many royal visits.
Peter has spent the last few years freelancing after his time at The Sunday Times, as well as photo editor at the Sunday Herald and has had work published across the world in newspapers, magazines and more.