The Boyd Roderick dining, Southside
1534 Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow, G43 1RF
- usually £39.00
- save 61%
- deals sold
Share with friends
Sharing meat & cheese platter plus a carafe of wine for two, 2 course meal for two with a cocktail each or 3 courses & cocktails at The Boyd Roderick, nr Shawlands - save up to 61%
- Meat and cheese platter to share for two with a carafe of wine
- Or two or three courses for two with a cocktail each
- Dog-friendly restaurant that underwent a major refurbishment last year
- Located in the popular Southside area of Glasgow near Shawlands
- Rated 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Valid 7 days
Today’s deal will see you and a friend tucking into some delicious fare at The Boyd Roderick, a popular bar/restaurant in Glasgow’s Southside. The Scottish-focussed menu features something for everyone, cooked up fresh and perfect for a hearty winter meal.
Go for a meat and cheese platter featuring the likes of Isle of Mull cheddar, Blue Murder, venison chorizo and ham hough terrine, plus a carafe of wine to share for a very sophisticated evening! Or opt for a two or three course meal with your choice of cocktail each if you want to go all out.
Located in the Southside of the city near Shawlands, The Boyd Roderick underwent a major refurbishment at the end of last year and is now a hot spot in the area with locals flocking to enjoy the tasty food and great selection of drinks. Perfect for watching sports or taking your pup along for an outing, the cosy, friendly atmosphere will have you returning again and again.
The restaurant is named after each of the owner's fathers, Boyd and Roderick. Boyd had a particularly interesting life as a traveller whose adventures included a stint with the Royal Ballet School in London and running off to sea with a Chinese shipping company before settling in Skye; which is where the pub’s owners are from. The couple also run a number of successful outlets including the Caledonian Café and the Portree Hotel on the island, but The Boyd Roderick is their first Glasgow venture.
- Haggis bon bons with Parmentier potatoes and pepper sauce
- West Coast mussels with shallots in a whisky cream sauce
- Wild mushroom fricassee with garlic croutons and dressed greens
- Homemade steak burger with baby gem lettuce, tomato, red onion, smoky bacon jam and skinny fries
- Pan seared sea bream with champ, spinach and parsley sauce
- Goats cheese pearl barley risotto verde
- Lemon posset with lime sorbet
- Sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla ice cream
- Selection of ice cream
Great reviews on TripAdvisor
"Finally visited this evening and pleasantly surprised. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and there is a great laid-back atmosphere. There is full variety on the menu with something for all tastes. From the choices we had from starters and main, the quality of food was all outstanding. Highly recommend a visit. Thank you so much!"
"What a transformation from the previous establishment! The staff are very welcoming, helpful and efficient. The menu is very varied and caters for almost every taste. The food is excellent and the portions are very generous. This restaurant is well worth a visit and it is unlikely to be the last. Highly recommended!"
"Great pub/restaurant. Relaxed vibe with outdoor seating, TVs with sport but not too noisy and even board games like Jenga to keep you entertained. Staff are always brilliant. Menu is fantastic – delicious Scottish food and very reasonably priced. They also allow dogs which is great. Love going to Boyd Roderick, highly recommend. 10/10."