Christmas at the Botanics inc hot chocolate
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Arboretum Place, EH3 5NZ
- tickets sold
16:40 Thursday 13th December
Other dates for this event
Share with friends
£8 for one child ticket with hot chocolate or £14 for an adult ticket to Christmas at the Botanics in Edinburgh’s Royal Botanic Gardens; a magical festive experience with light shows, reindeer, Santa & more for the perfect family night out this Christmas
About this event
It’s the most wonderful time of the year as the treetops of Edinburgh begin to glisten and shimmer. There’s something for everyone as a one mile sparkling path winds its way through the world famous Botanics in a magical after dark experience.
Following a highly successful first year, the winter trail returns with over a million twinkling lights and plenty of new things to see. Enter a world festooned with seasonal cheer as you wander beneath unique tree canopies and alongside the iconic Glasshouses drenched in Christmas colour. Amid all the festive fun, don’t forget to glimpse Santa and his elves along the way!
‘Tis the season
- One child or adult ticket
- Includes a hot chocolate to keep you warm while you walk
- Enjoy a magical festive experience in the stunning Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh
- See giant glowing flowers, the Cathedral of Light with over 100,00 lights, illuminated tree sculptures and more as the gardens are transformed into a beautifully-lit Christmas wonderland
- There’s plenty of hidden surprises like frosty snowflakes, stars and baubles, marching reindeer and gingerbread men where you least expect to see them!
- Even Santa himself will be making an appearance, along with his helpful elves
- There’s a relaxing scented Fire Garden, where you can stop for a moment of tranquil reflection
- The spectacular Inverleith House Festive Finale features brightly coloured projections dancing in time to all your favourite Christmas classics
- The Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh are rated 4.5/5 on Trip Advisor
- Last year’s event was rated 5/5 by The List
- Enjoy seasonal food and drink in John Hope Gateway Visitor Centre, as well as at stalls dotted throughout the trail
- Late night shopping will also be available in the Botanics’ shop so you can grab some extra festive gifts!