The Sloans Opera
Sloans, 108 Argyle Street, G2 8BG
About this event
We once took a can of fizzy juice with us to a show. It was The Fanta of the Opera.
Returning for a fourth year, the critically acclaimed sell out success – The Sloans Opera! Experience opera like you've never seen it before! Watch the world class Noise Opera in Sloans with a G&T! Enjoy three 15 minute operas in one, perfect for newbies and aficionados alike…
Hit the high notes:
- One ticket plus an Inshriach Aviemore Gin & tonic (provided by the lovely Scottish Gin Society!)
- Watch three 15 minute operas specially commissioned for the European Games
- The Sloans Opera takes you on a journey through the incredibly beautiful Sloans Bar and Restaurant and brings to life characters past and present who have visited this famous Glasgow landmark
- Ceilidh - This unique opera is packed with singing, dancing and immersive storytelling
- Love Speaks - The third of the operas celebrates Scotland’s powerful and progession decision to make PrEP (a drug which prevents HIV) available on the NHS
- Sloans is Glasgow’s oldest bar and restaurant
“…amazing and often quite magical’’ – Alan Cooper STV
"… puts opera ‘in yer face’ with impressive flair’’ - Mary Brennan, The Herald
Advance booking is not required.
Multiple purchases permitted.
Duration: approx. 1hr 30mins.
Please note the show will take place around the venue, audience will follow the show across the venue
Over 18's only.
Line-up is subject to change.
No wheelchair access available.
Tickets must be printed for redemption; please print your ticket and bring along with you to avoid disappointment.
Ticket is non-refundable unless event is cancelled.
Ticket is not exchangeable for cash or valid with any other offers.
Images used for illustrative purposes only
Questions about this event
- 108 Argyle Street,
- Tel: 0141 221 8886
A Glaswegian institution, Sloans is the city’s oldest bar and restaurant. Set within a Grade A listed building, it’s full of old-world charm with a gorgeous ballroom and plenty of original features to boot, making it the perfect spot for a cosy date night, night out with friends or refuelling after a day’s shopping.