Hotel du Vin Newcastle dinner & wine
Allan House, City Road, NE1 2BE
- deals sold
Share with friends
3 course dinner for two with a bottle of wine to share or a chateaubriand for two with sides, sauces and a bottle of wine at 4* Hotel du Vin Newcastle; fabulous French restaurant in a beautiful riverside location
- Three course dinner for two with a bottle of wine to share
- Or a chateaubriand for two with sides, sauces and a bottle of wine
- Fabulous French restaurant set within a former Edwardian maritime building
- Beautiful riverside location
- Rated 4.5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor
Today’s deal will see you and a lucky loved one tuck into a decadent dinner at the luxurious Hotel du Vin’s restaurant, as you share a bottle of wine and chow down on some delicious fare. Our first option is for three courses from a specially selected menu that’ll see you enjoying an authentic taste of France thanks to the classic flavours and traditional cooking methods being used to create an array of rich, seasonal dishes.
Alternatively, you can opt for a hearty chateaubriand for two, accompanied by a portion of pommes frites and a side dish of your choice plus two sauces – yum!
Hotel du Vin
With a fantastic location beside the River Tyne, Hotel du Vin Newcastle boasts beautiful boutique bedrooms, a lovely French bistro with riverside view and, cosy lounge areas, as well as a brilliant Bubble Bar for the tastiest tipples going. Formerly an Edwardian maritime building, the beautifully restored interior champions a tip and a wink to its past, with everything from ships’ ropes in the courtyard to porthole windows in the showers. With friendly, helpful staff and a fantastic central location, it’s the perfect place for everything from a relaxing break in this vibrant city, to a quiet morning coffee as you plan your day sightseeing.
Sample 3 course menu
- Cream of Jerusalem artichoke soup with roasted chestnuts and cep brioche
- Duck rillettes and carrot râpées salad with a toasted sourdough baguette
- Crispy potato and salt cod croquettes with a tangy red pepper and tomato sauce
- Normandy chicken braised in red wine with baby onions, mushrooms and pancetta
- Roasted hake served on a crispy crouton with an aromatic broth
- Pumpkin ravioli with sage browned butter, vegetarian-style Parmesan and pecans
- Classic set custard with a rum and raisin caramel
- Poached pear with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Crumbly Scottish Anster cheddar with a traditional fruit cake
100% of itisoners would recommend and return
"Delicious, super service and friendly, professional staff."
"All the staff were so friendly. The food was so delicious, especially as we had never ate French food before. We will go back. The décor of the room was lovely too. Thank you to the chefs for a lush meal and great service, all with a smile."
"Fabulous 3 course lunch, plus a glass of Champagne. The food was sublime, and the champagne was excellent, as was the service."
"I can't think of anything that could be improved. It was excellent."