Buy a homeless person Christmas dinner with Social Bite
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen
- deals sold
Share with friends
£5 to buy Christmas dinner for a homeless person in Scotland, or a gift for homeless children, families and individuals to open on Christmas morning
Over the last few years, you (our amazing members!) have made a HUGE difference to the lives of homeless people in our communities.
You’ve donated almost 200,000 times; providing so many hot meals that not a single homeless person has been turned away from Social Bite cafes since we began raising funds in 2014; you’ve given thousands of refugees winter essentials; and together we’re building a village of houses to break the cycle of homelessness (due to be completed in 2018!)
We’ve worked together for years to make sure that Social Bite can keep growing and doing incredible work in Scotland, and we need your help to do something amazing this Christmas.
For just £5, you can make an unimaginable difference to someone’s life. We’re asking you to give a homeless person a hot meal and somewhere to go on Christmas day, giving them the chance to eat Christmas dinner in a café with good company.
This year, we want to make sure that homeless children, families and individuals across Scotland also get a gift to open on Christmas morning.
A fleet of Social Bite vans will be delivering your gifts to those most in need: families living in shelters and refuges the length and breadth of the country. These are families who might otherwise wake up to nothing at all; each gift makes a true difference to every family, with parents able to tell excited children that Santa's been, allowing them to forget their troubles for one day and enjoy a normal Christmas.
- Your Christmas dinner voucher buys a homeless person Christmas dinner at Social Bite cafes in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen; if we receive more than enough vouchers, we’ll be able to feed homeless people right into 2018
- Your donation of £5 to give children, families and vulnerable individuals gifts will help buy presents for people across Scotland, delivered by Social Bite to those truly in need; any additional funds will be donated to support services who help fast track families into secure accommodation
- Gifts will go to charities and services like Refuweegee; Glasgow’s Aberlour Bridges Partnership which helps women escape domestic violence; the Bethany Christian Trust in Edinburgh and Aberdeen; and Streetwork
- 100% of your donations will go directly to Social Bite
- The charity’s fans include Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Nicola Sturgeon and Sir Chris Hoy, as well as thousands of amazing itison members
- 1 in 4 of Social Bite's workforce are from homeless backgrounds. Your donation is not only providing a meal, but also helping Social Bite to break the cycle through employment
- Give your family vouchers as stocking fillers, and spread some Christmas love
As the nights draw in and the colder months arrive, it’s more important than ever to remember those less fortunate and donating Christmas dinner to someone in need is a great way to do just that - with 100% of your £5 donation going directly to Social Bite. Donate a Christmas meal and you’ll not only provide a delicious helping of festive food, you’ll also give someone a warm and friendly place to spend Christmas at one of Social Bite’s cafes in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen.
Gifts for those who need it most
For homeless children, families and individuals across Scotland, it goes without saying that Christmas is a hard time of year. Often not getting any gifts at all, homeless families can miss out on the magic of a day when others are lucky enough to enjoy so much. By donating £5, you can help Social Bite buy gifts that they’ll then deliver to families and children, making sure they have a gift to open on Christmas Day.
Social Bite in your community
Social Bite sandwich shops can be found on Rose Street and Shandwick Place in Edinburgh, St Vincent Street and Bothwell Street in Glasgow and Union Street in Aberdeen. They’ve even got a restaurant, Home, with Martin Wishart appearing regularly as a guest chef.
As well as producing fresh, competitively priced soups, sandwiches, gourmet pies, wraps, salads and more the team at Social Bite also feed over 150 homeless people every day. Social Bite is a social business which means 100% of their profits are given to good causes. What's more, it's a cracking place to grab lunch.
Social Bite’s eateries don’t just feed the homeless, they also provide a chance for them to get back into employment. 1 in 4 of their staff are formerly homeless and getting back on their feet thanks to Social Bite.
The itison team are no strangers to Social Bite, regularly getting lunch there, and it’s not hard to see why. As well being an amazing, ethical business, their delicious menu and incredible staff make it the perfect spot for a bite to eat. It really is a more fulfilling lunch!