4* Scottish Borders DBB
Swinton, Scottish Borders, TD11 3JJ
- usually £205.00
- save 53%
- deals sold
Share with friends
£99 instead of £205 for an overnight stay for two with dinner, breakfast and a bottle of Prosecco or £159 instead of £337 for two nights at Michelin-recommended 4* The Wheatsheaf, Scottish Borders - save up to 53%
- Overnight stay for two with dinner, breakfast and a glass of Prosecco each
- Option to add a second night
- Rated 4* by VisitScotland and featured in the Michelin Guide 2015
- Gorgeous countryside location in the Scottish Borders
- Loved by itisoners
- Valid 7 days
With today’s deal, you and a loved one will escape to the countryside with a one or two-night stay at the Wheatsheaf Hotel and Restaurant.
With each light, airy room tastefully decorated to a high standard, you’re guaranteed to find everything you need for an excellent stay, from a glass of Prosecco in your room on arrival, to Arran Aromatic toiletries and luxurious deep-pile bath towels. Take in the lovely furnishings before heading out to explore the many activities that the Borders has to offer, such as great cycling routes and stunning walks to see historical buildings such as Duns Castle and Abbotsford House, the home of Walter Scott.
After exploring, you can enjoy a delicious two-course dinner in the Michelin-recommended restaurant, before retiring to your cosy abode for a snug snooze. The next morning you’ll also be treated to a full Scottish breakfast, setting you up perfectly for the day ahead.
Nestled in the picturesque village of Swinton, The Wheatsheaf is home to a beautiful private beer garden, a popular bar and excellent restaurant; it’s no wonder it was mentioned in the 2015 Michelin Guide and was awarded 4* by the Scottish Tourist Board. Just an hour’s drive from Edinburgh and less than two hours from Glasgow, it’s the perfect destination for a romantic night away.
- Chicken liver parfait with apple and vanilla jam, toasted bread
- Scottish smoked salmon and crayfish tian with rocket and fig salad, sundried tomato dressing
- Glazed goats cheese with roast pear and red chicory, walnut salad
- Roast venison with root vegetable gratin, Lyonnaise potatoes, red cabbage purée, juniper and Madeira sauce
- Pan-roasted salmon Milanese with risotto, crispy spiced courgettes
- Wild mushroom, kalonji and feta cheese pie with smoked celeriac purée, water cress
- Traditional apple pie with caramel ice cream and an apple fritter
- Warm pecan tart with crème fraiche sorbet
- Scottish cheese selection with pear & saffron chutney, hazelnut fruit loaf, oatcakes, grapes & celery
“Thoroughly enjoyed our short break to the Wheatsheaf. The room was very comfortable and the staff very friendly and professional, with excellent meals in the restaurant which were good value.”
“Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Amazing food and great service. Staff so friendly and helpful.”
“We had a wonderful experience and it was more than what we expected. There is nothing I could suggest to improve the place as it was perfect. The room was perfectly equipped and the it was dog friendly which is great for my wee dog.”
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Wheatsheaf inn. The room was large and very clean with lovely amenities including homemade shortbread! The food was also excellent at both dinner and breakfast. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it to others.”