Tynemouth seafront escape - £69
Grand Parade, Tynemouth, NE30 4ER
- usually £142.00
- save 51%
- deals sold
Share with friends
Overnight stay for two with breakfast and a bottle of Prosecco, optional dinner or 3 course Sunday lunch or 2 nights with dinner and chocolates at the Grand Hotel, Tynemouth; stunning location overlooking Longsands Beach - save up to 51%
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast and a bottle of Prosecco
- Option to include dinner or a 3 course Sunday lunch
- Or stay for two nights with dinner and chocolates
- Gorgeous location overlooking Longsands Beach and King Edward's Bay, just a 5 minute drive from the brand new Dome at Whitley Bay's Spanish City
- Rated 4/5 on TripAdvisor
Take someone special along for a delightful stay at the Grand Hotel in the charming seaside town of Tynemouth. You’ll be welcomed with a bottle of Prosecco then served up a hearty breakfast the next morning. You can also opt to include a £30pp dinner allowance so you can dine in the fantastic Brasserie, or a 3 course Sunday lunch if your stay is at the end of the week.
Alternatively, stay for two nights where you’ll receive chocolates along with your welcome Prosecco and a delicious dinner on the first evening before taking a stroll along the seafront or enjoying the many great bars nearby for the perfect night out.
Grand in name and grand in nature, this hotel was owned by the Duke of Northumberland and has survived two world wars and the 1930`s depression, as well as playing host to an impressive list of guests ranging from actresses, politicians and sports stars since being built in 1872.
Located at the mouth of the River Tyne in the historic seaside town of Tynemouth, the hotel sits on a cliff top and boasts spectacular views of Longsands beach and the North Sea. You can easily walk to the beach as well as Tynemouth Priory and castle, plus you’re just a 10 minute walk away from Tynemouth Metro which will take you right into Newcastle City Centre.
- Chicken and duck liver pâté with toasted brioche and spiced apple chutney
- Pan seared scallops with golden raisin purée and cauliflower
- Twice baked soufflé with pear and goats cheese
- Roasted pork belly with braised red cabbage and roasted apple
- Pan roasted sea bass with Mediterranean vegetables and red pesto
- Wild mushroom risotto with rocket salad
- Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Prune and Armagnac crème brûlée with homemade shortbread
- Apple tart tatin with warm caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
“Over the last 10 years we have stayed several times and attended a wedding, we never get tired of visiting. It's a beautiful hotel with great history (worth reading up on). The staff, food, hotel and Tynemouth never disappoint."
"Excellent location for both a wonderful view of the sea and experiencing the charming borough of Tynemouth. I could not have asked for a better place to lodge - our room and the hotel's facilities were excellent, the staff very polite and most helpful. We had a spot on breakfast in the hotel's dining room the following morning before heading out. I made a note for a return stay at The Grand Hotel the next time I'm in the Newcastle area."
"Pure decadence! Escaped to the Grand for one night and wish we could have stayed longer. I grew up in and around Tynemouth in the 70's and both my nan and grandad worked at the Grand in the 60s and 70s, so I've wanted to stay here for ages. Absolutely gorgeous - the room was amazing, the fluffy white towels were luxurious, in fact it was all fabulous. We dined in Copperfields and the food was hot and tasty, we even treated ourselves to breakfast before we left and so glad we did. Thank you Grand Hotel for surpassing my expectations, we will be back!"