Michelin-recommended Blackaddie Country House Hotel
Sanquhar, Dumfries & Galloway, DG4 6JJ
- usually £215.00
- save 54%
- deals sold
Share with friends
£99 instead of up to £215 for an overnight stay for two with breakfast or £299 instead of up to £490 for 2 nights with dinner one night at 2 AA Rosette-awarded 4* Blackaddie Country House Hotel; Scottish Chef of the Year 2016 – save up to 54%
Despite having won the prize for the best scones in primary 7, we’re not sure our award-winning cooking is on par with 4* Blackaddie Country House Hotel.
Discover the cooking that led chef Ian McAndrew to bag a Michelin star eight times over the course of his career with an overnight stay for two with breakfast for £99, or go all out with a two-night stay with dinner on the first night for £299.
- One or two night stay with breakfast and late check-out
- Two night stay includes a 4 course dinner the first night
- Chef Ian McAndrew has won a Michelin star 8 times, and was the youngest British chef to win one
- McAndrew has also been named Scottish Chef Hotel of the Year 2016
- Located amongst stunning Dumfriesshire scenery
Rated four stars by VisitScotland, Blackaddie Country House Hotel is set amongst breathtaking scenery with rooms that epitomise country charm. The hotel attracts foodies from far and wide, and it’s no wonder – with an awards cabinet boasting 2 AA Rosettes and Scottish Chef of the Year 2016, chef Ian McAndrew has proved time and time again that his food is worth travelling for.
Critics love it
“A stone-built former manse with 16C origins, set by the river. Lunch offers good value classics, while dinner is more elaborate and features original modern cooking; ingredients are luxurious and dishes are well-presented.” Michelin Guide
“Lovely, warm and welcoming, Ian and Jane McAndrew’s restaurant-with-rooms, in a beautiful 16th-century stone-built manse, is well worth a detour for the food alone.” Good Hotel Guide
- Mi cuit sea-reared rainbow trout with compressed cucumber, goats cheese, beetroot and a cucumber sorbet
- Pressed confit pheasant terrine with lightly-pickled Chantenay carrots
- Roast parsnip ice cream
- Fillet of halibut with black rice, brown shrimps, sea purslane and spinach
- Trio of pork, slow-braised-then-roast belly, Parma ham-wrapped fillet, pork and black pudding bon bon, onion marmalade, burnt onion roast grelot and millefeuille potato
- Pressed caramel apple terrine with nut crumble, treacle crumb, blackberries, salted caramel, vanilla ice cream and blackberry sorbet
- Selection of Scottish cheese with homemade oatcakes
What to expect
Overnight stay for two with breakfast
Two night stay for two with a 4 course dinner on the first night plus breakfast both mornings
Voucher is valid from Thur 1 Jun 2017 until Thur 31 Aug 2017, 7 days a week; subject to availability.
£20 supplement per room per night for Fri and Sat night stay.
Advance booking required. Voucher must be booked by Mon 31 Jul 2017 (we don’t want you to miss out!).
You risk forfeiting your voucher if you cancel within 7 days of your booking.
Multiple voucher purchases permitted. Multiple vouchers cannot be used on consecutive nights.
Check-in 2pm, check-out 12noon.
Superior double/twin rooms available. Bedrooms available for option 1 are Mallard, Ptarmigan and Partridge; bedrooms available for option 2 are Mallard and Ptarmigan.
Rooms can be upgraded to a suite for £40 per room per night; payable to hotel.
Stay can be extended by a night for a supplementary charge; please discuss directly with hotel.
Option 2 includes a 4 course meal on the first night.
Vegetarian, gluten / wheat free options are available. Please advise hotel when booking.
Sorry, no children permitted.
Pets are permitted at £10 per pet per night.
The beginning and end period of a voucher’s validity is always the busiest. We advise members to book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Vouchers must be printed for redemption; please print your voucher and bring along with you to avoid disappointment.
Voucher is not exchangeable for cash or valid with any other offers.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.