Scenic Argyll getaway – from £39
Ardfern, Argyll, PA31 8QN
- usually £85.00
- save 57%
- deals sold
Share with friends
1, 2 or 3 night stay for two with breakfast each morning of your stay plus optional dinner on the first evening at The Galley of Lorne Inn; explore the gorgeous Argyll countryside – save up to 57%
- One, two or three night stay for two
- Includes breakfast each morning of your stay
- Option to add a £20pp dining allowance to spend on your first evening
- Situated in the picturesque Argyll village of Ardfern
- Local area known for fishing, hiking, horse riding and water sports
- 4.5/5 TripAdvisor rating
- Valid 7 days
With today’s deal, you and a lucky companion can escape the city with a break to The Galley of Lorne Inn in Argyll. Staying in one of the inn’s tastefully decorated en-suite bedrooms complete with flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, stunning views and free Wi-Fi, you can unwind for up to three nights.
You’ll be served up a hearty Scottish breakfast each morning of your stay to help set you up for a busy day of exploring the beautiful countryside. And if you choose to upgrade, you’ll also be treated to a £20pp dining allowance to spend in the inn’s restaurant for the first evening of your stay. With an emphasis on locally produced food as well as real ales, 50 malt whiskies and a wine list to cater for all tastes, you truly will be spoilt for choice!
A 17th century drover's inn and country retreat situated in the picturesque village of Ardfern, The Galley of Lorne Inn is nestled on the shore of Loch Craignish. This beautiful corner of Argyll has long been a favourite for yachtsmen, artists and those who appreciate scenic beauty and the quiet life.
Only two and a half hours from Glasgow and with beautiful views over Jura and Scarba, the hotel is the perfect base for exploring the coast, taking an hour’s drive to Oban or visiting other attractions like the historically unique Kilmartin Glen; the inspiration and setting for Disney Pixar's film Brave.
For those who have a more adventurous side, the area is known for its fishing, hiking and horse riding. Ardfern even has its own marina, offering water sports or boat trips to the third largest whirlpool in in the world, The Corryvreckan.
- Sweet potato and chickpea falafel with yoghurt and mint
- Confit chicken terrine served with wasabi mayonnaise, chutney and focaccia croutons
- Smoked Scottish salmon with samphire, pickled shallots and a Bloody Mary dressing
- Braised ox cheek served with mashed potatoes, carrots, puff pastry and topped with gravy
- Grilled fillet of sea bream with warm potato salad, peas and pak choi
- Pea and saffron risotto with mull cheddar and watercress
- Dark chocolate ganache with chocolate soil, mango, strawberry and meringue
- Cranachan cheesecake with raspberry sorbet and toasted oats
- Piña colada with chargrilled pineapple, berry compote and coconut ice cream
4.5/5 TripAdvisor rating
"What an absolute gem of a place. A welcoming ambiance and the garden overlooks Loch Craignish. It is superb."
"This is a lovely inn and the location is second to none. The bedroom was lovely, comfortable and had a great view. The staff were also great."
"We has great time at this quaint hotel. We were celebrating my father’s 50th birthday and we could even bring our family dog with us! The food was lovely, the locals made us feel so welcome and the views were stunning."