Buy a homeless person Christmas dinner & a gift
Buy Xmas dinner or a gift for homeless in Scotland, Newcastle and Manchester
- deals sold
Share with friends
£5 to buy Christmas dinner for a homeless person, or a gift for homeless children, families and individuals to open on Christmas morning
Over the last few years, you’ve made an unbelievable difference to the lives of homeless people in our communities.
You’ve donated almost 300,000 times; providing so many hot meals that not a single homeless person has been turned away from Social Bite cafes since we began raising funds in 2014; you’ve given thousands of refugees winter essentials; and even helped to build a village to break the cycle of homelessness.
We want to help even more people, which is why this year we’ll not only be helping people in Scotland, but also across Manchester and Newcastle.
For just £5, you can make an unimaginable difference to someone’s life. We’re asking you to give a homeless person a hot meal and somewhere to go on Christmas day, giving them the chance to eat Christmas dinner in a café with good company.
We also want to make sure that homeless children, families and individuals get a gift to open on Christmas morning. Each gift makes a true difference to every family, with parents able to tell excited children that Santa's been, allowing them to forget their troubles for one day and enjoy a normal Christmas.
- Your Christmas dinner voucher buys a homeless person Christmas dinner; if we receive more than enough vouchers, we’ll be able to feed homeless people right into 2019
- Your donation of £5 to give children, families and vulnerable individuals gifts will help buy presents for people across Scotland and North East England; any additional funds will be donated to support services who help fast track families into secure accommodation
- Money raised in Scotland will go to Social Bite, to help them tackle homelessness across the country
- Money raised in the Manchester and North West area will go to the Mayor’s Homelessness Fund, spearheaded by Andy Burnham
- Money raised in the Newcastle and North East area will support Changing Lives
- 100% of your donations will go directly to charity
- Social Bite’s fans include Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Nicola Sturgeon and Sir Chris Hoy, as well as thousands of amazing itison members
- 1 in 4 of Social Bite's workforce are from homeless backgrounds. Your donation is not only providing a meal, but also helping Social Bite to break the cycle through employment
- Give your family vouchers as stocking fillers, and spread some Christmas love!
In 2014, we asked our members to donate £5 to buy enough meals to support 800 people at Christmas. We were blown away when tens of thousands of you donated, blowing our 800 meal target out of the water! Since then, you’ve donated almost 300,000 times, allowing us to provide hot Christmas dinners to some of the country’s most vulnerable people. Not only that, the extra money raised has meant we’ve been able to support long-term projects to help end homelessness.
Gifts for those who need it most
For homeless children, families and individuals across the country, it goes without saying that Christmas is a hard time of year. Often not getting any gifts at all, homeless families can miss out on the magic of a day when others are lucky enough to enjoy so much. By donating £5, you can help Social Bite buy gifts that they’ll then deliver to families and children, making sure they have a gift to open on Christmas Day.