- usually £125.00
- save up to 60%
- deals sold
Share with friends
1 or 2 night stay for two with breakfast and a 2 course dinner at The Rocks Hotel & Restaurant, Dunbar; stay in a picturesque location & explore the seaside town - save up to 60%
- One or two-night stay for two with breakfast
- Includes a two-course dinner on the first evening of your stay
- Picturesque location in the popular seaside resort of Dunbar
- The Rocks hotel overlooks the ruins of the famous Dunbar Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was held captive in 1567
- Just a 30-minute drive to Edinburgh or Berwick-upon-Tweed
- 4.5/5 TripAdvisor rating
- Valid 7 days
Take a break from the city and escape to the seaside with today’s deal at The Rocks.
You and a lucky companion will enjoy a one or two-night stay in a beautifully appointed room complete with en-suite facilities. You’ll be able to soak in staggering views of the dramatic rugged coastline from your window as you settle into your charming and cosy abode. Once you’re ready, you can explore the local delights of Dunbar before retiring to the hotel’s restaurant for a fantastic two-course dinner. With a focus on locally-sourced produce and with plenty of vegan options available, there’s a delicious dish to tempt everyone’s taste buds.
And in the morning, you can wake up happy with a hearty breakfast to help kick-start your day. Yum!
Nestled on the clifftops of Dunbar, The Rocks is aptly named for its fabulous location. Boasting views across to Belhaven Bay and Bass Rock in the west and Victoria Harbour and the ruins of Dunbar Castle in the east, the hotel is an excellent base for exploring the seaside town and its local attractions. Delve into Dunbar’s rich history with local museums telling the story of wars between Scotland and England, or take a tour of one of Scotland’s oldest breweries at Belhaven. You can also visit the birthplace of John Muir, who founded America’s National Park system, on Dunbar’s High Street!
And if you’re not into history, fear not – there’s plenty of other activities to try, like a visit to the East Links family park where you’ll come across llamas, sheep and all other sorts of friendly animals. Or visit the picturesque hamlet of Cove and take a walk on to Cockburnspath – the finishing point of the Southern Upland Way. Whatever you’re into, there’s something for everyone in Dunbar!
Sample two-course menu
- Pork belly, Stornoway black pudding and chargrilled apple
- Deep-fried brie with red currant drizzle
- Hot and cold smoked Scottish salmon
- Steak pie served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Battered haddock with hand-cut chips and garden peas
- Goats’ cheese, butternut squash, pomegranate and spinach salad
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream
- The Rocks cheesecake
- 'Fruits of the Forest’ apple crumble
4.5/5 TripAdvisor rating
"We have just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable trip to Dunbar, staying for four nights at The Rocks. What a great choice! Our room very comfortable, clean and well-appointed plus the view over Dunbar and The Forth was amazing. We would thoroughly recommend a stay here and wouldn't hesitate to book again if we come back to this area."
“I stayed at this hotel while in the area for business and really enjoyed it! The food was great, the service was first class and the room was very comfortable. I will definitely stay in this hotel when I’m in the area again and would recommend."
“We recently had a wonderful night at The Rocks. Our dinner was excellent with a varied menu to suit all tastes. Our room was bright, clean and well-equipped with a gorgeous view of the sea. We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast in the morning and the service was excellent throughout. Highly recommended."