- One 70cl bottle of gin from 1881 Gin at Peebles Hydro Hotel
- Choose from the London Dry gin with flavours of hawthorn, birch and fir backing an initial hint of fresh, piney juniper; Pavilion Pink gin with Scottish red berries and a hint of hibiscus or Subtly Smoked with pink grapefruit and a crisp juniper finished with a subtle smokey flavour
- Or opt for the Navy Strength gin with cardamon and dry citrus - bottled at 57% ABV
- If you fancy sampling all four, go for the gift set which includes each flavour in 20cl bottles
- Peebles Hydro Hotel is part of award-winning Crieff Family of Hotels and sister hotel to Crieff Hydro, Isles of Glencoe and Ballachulish Hotel
- 1881 Gin is named after the year the iconic hotel opened and uses the same water from the rolling Borders hills behind the hotel that has supplied the hotel for almost 140 years
- The newly-launched gin school and distillery is the largest residential gin school in the UK with 26 individual copper stills and glass jars full of botanicals - including those sourced from the grounds of the hotel!
- Perfect to enjoy while staying at home or why not give to a loved one to show them you miss them!
Some inspiration for the perfect serve at home:
1881 London Dry Hydro Gin - Flavours of hawthorn, birch and fir backing an initial hit of fresh, piney juniper.
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 London Dry Hydro gin on top of the ice
- Garnish the glass with a fresh or dried disc of pink grapefruit
- Add two twists of fresh pink grapefruit zest in the glass
- Pour the desired Tonic 81 tonic
1881 Pavilion Pink Hydro Gin - Juniper and soft red berry flavours with hibiscus giving the colour.
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 Pavilion Pink Hydro Gin gin on top of the ice
- Add to the glass three or four hibiscus petals
- Add four raspberries (fresh or frozen) and six mint leaves
- Garnish the glass with strawberry and mint
- Serve with Tonic 81 Premium or Elderflower
1881 Subtly Smoked Hydro Gin - 12 botanicals with a subtle smokey flavour. Partners perfectly with ginger or chilli.
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 Subtly Smoked Hydro Gin over ice
- Garnish the rim of the glass a lime wedge and a red or green chilli
- Top off with Tonic 81 Premium or Light
1881 Navy Strength Hydro Gin - Bottled at 57% abv, ligher spicier notes come through with cardamom and dry citrus.
- Apply three or four scant dashes of Angostura bitters over ice
- Rotate the glass for 15/20 seconds and discard the ice
- Pour a 25ml or 35ml measure of 1881 Navy strength Gin over new ice
- Garnish the glass with dried orange and sugared orange rind
- Top off with your choice from the Tonic 81 range – any will do