Cosy Lake District stay
Keswick Road, Grasmere, Cumbria, LA22 9RF
- usually £198.00
- save 51%
- deals sold
Share with friends
£99 instead of £198 for an overnight stay for two with breakfast, £129 instead of £224 to include optional dinner or £209 instead of £429 for 2 nights at Macdonald Swan Hotel, Lake District; the perfect cosy countryside break - save up to 51%
- Overnight stay for two in an executive room with a full English breakfast and late check-out
- Options to include a £25 dinner allowance or stay for 2 nights
- Located in the picturesque village of Grasmere, the most popular in Cumbria thanks to its association with William Wordsworth
- Rated 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Valid 7 days
You and a loved one can enjoy a night or two at the historic Macdonald Swan Hotel - one of the oldest hotels in the Lake District, originally built as a coaching inn in 1650. You’ll stay in an executive room with breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside then enjoy a full English breakfast and late check-out in the morning.
You can also opt to include a £25pp allowance towards the a la carte menu, from which you can tuck into a delicious three course meal. Ideal for a cosy countryside break, especially for walkers and cyclists looking to explore the Lake District National Park.
The Macdonald Swan Hotel is located in the picturesque village of Grasmere, the most popular in Cumbria thanks to William Wordsworth living there and writing about this very hotel in his poem “The Waggoner”. Nestled in the Cumbrian countryside with views across the Fells, the hotel with its log fires is the perfect place to return to after a day of exploring the outdoors.
Treat yourself to a rural break and enjoy a relaxing stay at the hotel that’s close to the M6 motorway and less than 2 hours from Manchester and Newcastle, 2.5 hours from Glasgow & 3 hours from Edinburgh.
- Stornaway black pudding Scotch egg with Millers larder picallili and mustard cress
- Classic prawn cocktail with crisp lettuce and Marie Rose sauce
- Superfood salad with white quinoa, avocado, roasted butternut squash and caramelised red onion
- Beef and ale pie with wilted greens and chunky chips or mash
- Fresh haddock and hand cut chips with crushed garden peas and chunky tartare sauce
- Vegetable spaghetti with pomodoro sauce and Parmesan Reggiano
- Sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce and vanilla Arran ice cream
- Traditional lemon tart
- Artisan Scottish cheese plate with chutney and oatcakes
Great reviews on TripAdvisor
“Excellent hotel. Great location, great bar & restaurant plus very nice comfortable bedroom with super bathroom. Manager & staff very friendly & helpful. Can highly recommend a stay here for a holiday in the Lake District.”
“Good evening meal & drinks in the Waggoner Restaurant and great breakfasts too. The chef & kitchen staff must be given credit for their preparation & presentation.”
“The hotel is in a great location with a good car park, making it an ideal base to explore Grasmere & the surrounding area.”
“What a lovely little find this was. Although on the main road into Grasmere it is set back and was quiet. The staff were excellent, the food was delicious and the road was perfect with lovely views of the gardens and hills beyond.”