Giant Lanterns of China at Edinburgh Zoo
Edinburgh Zoo, 134 Corstorphine Road, EH12 6TS
About this event
Much like moths, Team itison are drawn to bright, shiny lights, which is why we're so excited to bring you this illuminating event.
Brighten up your life with tickets to the Giant Lanterns of China at Edinburgh Zoo and enjoy a magical night featuring dazzling lanterns, live acrobatic performances and more!
Light it up:
- One child ticket with no brochure or two adult tickets including a brochure
- Be mesmerised by over 450 dazzling giant lanterns that will illuminate the renowned Edinburgh Zoo at this incredible festive event
- Follow the zoo’s path and see stunning lantern displays, some of which include huge structures and others with smaller animal lanterns, all beautifully hand-crafted by Chinese artists using traditional techniques
- Along the way enjoy live performances by Chinese acrobats and artists, visit the food and drink stalls for some tasty scran, or pick up a handmade speciality gift from the marketplace
- Born out of a long standing relationship between The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland and Sichuan, the birth place of Edinburgh Zoo’s giant pandas, this incredible night of illumination is a fabulous festive evening for the whole family
Watch a video for more
Advance booking is not required.
Multiple purchases permitted.
Duration: approx. 1hr 30mins.
Suitable for all ages; under 3's go free, ages 3 - 15 years are classed as children; under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
Please note daytime zoo entry is not included and visitors are unlikely to see any real animals.
Pets are not permitted.
Wheelchair access available; please note there will be no mobility vehicles in operation as the route encompasses some smaller pathways not accessible by vehicles. The route is designed so that wheelchairs and buggies can get around.
Tickets must be printed for redemption; please print your ticket and bring along with you to avoid disappointment.
Ticket is non-transferable and non-refundable unless event is cancelled.
Ticket is not exchangeable for cash or valid with any other offers.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Questions about this event
- Edinburgh Zoo
- 134 Corstorphine Road,
- Tel: 0131 334 9171
Home to over a thousand rare and beautiful animals including the UK’s only giant pandas, it’s no surprise that Edinburgh Zoo is one of Scotland’s most popular visitor attractions with over 800,000 visitors a year. As one of Europe’s leading centres of conservation, education and research, it’s a fun and fantastic way to while away an afternoon as you get to know the exotic residents, both little and large!