We need your help more than ever
Since 2014, Social Bite hasn’t turned away a single person in need thanks to your unbelievable generosity.
This year they need your help more than ever and today we’re asking you, if you can, to donate £5 which can buy a homeless person Christmas dinner or make sure a child has a toy to open on Christmas morning. This Christmas you can also donate to help build the first ever Social Bite Villages in Glasgow & Dundee.
Christmas can be one of the loneliest times of the year and your £5 can make a huge difference to someone experiencing homelessness who has nowhere else to go.
On Christmas Day, Social Bite will be opening their doors for the tenth year to provide people who need it most with a Christmas meal and a smile - plus support, warmth and a sense of safety and belonging.
Every year our Social Bite Christmas appeal raises enough money to provide food to Scotland’s homeless not just on Christmas Day, but for the ENTIRE year – your support is absolutely vital and we can’t thank you enough.
A donation to Social Bite also makes a thoughtful stocking filler or Secret Santa gift and can be forwarded on alongside a personalised message.
There are three ways you can help:
BUY CHRISTMAS DINNER FOR A HOMELESS PERSON – WHERE YOUR £5 WILL GO
- Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, served in one of Social Bite's cafes in Glasgow, Edinburgh & Aberdeen for someone who wouldn’t be able to have a Xmas meal otherwise
- Money raised will go directly to Social Bite - 100% of your donation will support people in need
- If you purchase more vouchers than there is demand for, Social Bite will be able to provide food for people experiencing homelessness beyond Christmas and into 2024
- Every year, our itison campaign for Social Bite is the primary source of funding that allows them to provide free meals for people experiencing homelessness all year round – Social Bite couldn’t do this without your help
DONATE A CHRISTMAS GIFT
- Thousands of children across Scotland will wake up without a Christmas present under their tree this year – we want to change that and we need your help.
- itison and Social Bite are supporting Glasgow Spirit of Christmas to provide Christmas gifts for people in need across Glasgow and the west ❤️
- This year, you can give a child a magical Christmas:
- Buy an individual gift for vulnerable children, adults or families to open on Christmas Day
- Any additional funds raised will go towards local charities and projects throughout the country
DONATE TO THE GLASGOW & DUNDEE SOCIAL BITE VILLAGES
The first ever Social Bite Village launched in Edinburgh in 2018 providing accommodation and support for up to 20 people experiencing homelessness – now Social Bite are building the Social Bite Villages in Glasgow & Dundee with the goal to end the cycle of homelessness
- Donate £5 to give the gift of home and contribute towards the first ever Social Bite Villages in Glasgow & Dundee
- Help provide much-needed accommodation and critical wraparound community support as Social Bite aims to end the cycle of homelessness by offering the right support, living environment and opportunity to help people build an independent life, secure stable employment and sustain future tenancies.
- Money raised will go directly to Social Bite - 100% of your donations will support in need - any surplus donations will go towards supporting other Social Bite Villages
- The Edinburgh Social Bite Village hit the press last week – read more about it here.
Christmas opening hours
For anyone who is homeless and vulnerable at:
- Aberdeen: 516 Union Street, AB10 1TT - Christmas Eve & Christmas Day: 11pm - 4pm
- Edinburgh: 131 Rose Street, EH2 3DT - Christmas Eve & Christmas Day: 12noon- 4pm
- Glasgow: 10 Sauchiehall Street, G1 2GF- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day: 12noon- 4pm
itison & Social Bite
- Since 2014 when we first joined forces, the annual Christmas appeal has raised over £3 million
- 700,000 donations have been made to people that need it most - including over 65,000 last year alone
- Social Bite’s fans include Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Dame Helen Mirren and Sir Chris Hoy, as well as thousands of amazing itison members
- As well as providing food to people in need and providing gifts, itison members' donations have previously helped to fund the Social Bite Village in Edinburgh, providing housing, support and a huge range of services to break the cycle of homelessness.
- Social Bite are working with South Lanarkshire Council to bring a Social Bite VIllage to the Greater Glasgow area
- Social Bite’s ongoing aim is to continue supporting people experiencing homelessness into employment through their Jobs First programme.
- Your donation is not only providing a meal or gift, but also helping Social Bite’s wider mission of ending homelessness through jobs, homes, food and systemic change.