The global pandemic has brought hardship for us all this year, but no one has been harder hit than the most vulnerable in our society. Thousands of families and homeless people continue to fall through the gaps of support and are struggling, they need our help more than ever this Christmas.
In 2014, we joined forces with Social Bite to help with their aim of ending homelessness in Scotland for good. Since then you’ve donated over 500,000 times to those in need but no-one could have foreseen that 2020 would bring even greater challenges and that thousands more families and individuals would need our help.
Today, we’re asking you to give £5 to help make sure vulnerable families and homeless people across Scotland, Manchester and Newcastle have a hot meal, somewhere to go at Christmas, and a present to open this Christmas after an incredibly hard year.
Do something amazing this Christmas
- Your Christmas dinner voucher buys a homeless person a hot Christmas meal; if we receive more than enough vouchers, we’ll be able to feed homeless people right into 2021
- Your donation of £5 to give children, families and vulnerable individuals gifts will help buy presents for people across Scotland, Manchester and Newcastle; any additional funds raised will go towards local charities and projects in each area.
- itison and Social Bite are supporting Glasgow Spirit of Christmas to provide gifts for those in need across Glasgow & the West.
- Money raised in Scotland will go to Social Bite
- Money raised in the Manchester & North West area will go to The Booth Centre
- Money raised in the Newcastle & North East area will go to Changing Lives
- 100% of your donations will support those in need
- Social Bite’s fans include Will Smith, Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Dame Helen Mirren and Sir Chris Hoy, as well as thousands of amazing itison members
- As well as feeding those in need and providing gifts, itison members' donations have previously helped fund the Social Bite Village, providing housing, counselling and a huge range of support services to break the cycle of homelessness
- 1 in 3 of Social Bite's workforce are from homeless backgrounds. Your donation is not only providing a meal or gift, but also helping Social Bite to break the cycle of homelessness through employment
- Give your family vouchers as stocking fillers, and spread some Christmas love!